Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Student Alli Hayden in Israel


This summer I used the UExplore Undergraduate Research Grant that I received through University of Evansville to conduct archaeological research in Israel.  In Israel, I worked in an archaeological lab at the University of Haifa sorting, analyzing and cataloging the ground stone tools from Tel Ifshar, a coastal site with possible Egyptian Middle Kingdom connections.  This was a continuation of the project I began in 2008 when I spent a semester abroad at the University of Haifa. I was specifically focusing on the Middle Bronze Age phase of the site and I learned a lot about sites in Israel that date to that time.  While I was there Dr. Ebeling came to work with me in the lab for two days and now the two of us are writing the ground stone report for the Tel Ifshar publication. I am so glad that I got this opportunity to conduct research abroad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment