Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alumnus Profile: Dan M. ('10) in Evansville


Dan wields the auger on a Phase 1 survey.
During my final semester at UE, I was an intern for Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. My class schedule allowed me to work in the field on Phase I surveys as needed. I also worked in the office cleaning and preserving artifacts and prepping them for museum holding, which included artifact cleaning and inking. After graduating in May, I stayed in Evansville and continued to work for CRA as a field tech. Most of the work has been Phase I surveys, which include shovel test probes and auger probes. The majority of the work has yielded little, though we have recorded several sites on the six projects this summer. One site in particular earned a Phase II excavation, which includes 50 cm x 50 cm trenches. The work is in Southern Indiana and Western Kentucky, so I get to travel a bit between the areas. Overall, the experience of being a field tech has been fun and I have learned a lot through my work in the lab and in the field.

Dan graduated with a double-major in Archaeology and Political Science from UE.

No comments:

Post a Comment