Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rachel L. talk about her semester at Harlaxton

Ten Archaeology and Art History majors are studying at Harlaxton College in the spring 2011 semester. Here junior Archaeology major Rachel L. talks about her experiences.

Harlaxton has been a truly wonderful experience. It’s an adventure, full of exploration and challenges. Travelling taught me to stand on my own more so than I do, because if something goes wrong, you have to know exactly what your next plan of action is.

Rachel with Boudicca’s monument in London.
London is my favorite place so far, although I’m guessing my upcoming visit to Rome will change that. There is so much to see and do in London that it was a bit difficult to see it all in a few days. All of the places I’ve seen have been great, and I’ve had the chance to see Hadrian’s Wall in Scotland, the Catacombs of Paris, the alleged location of King Arthur’s grave, Stonehenge, walk along medieval walls, drink liquid chocolate straight from the vat at Cadbury World, and loads more. It has been incredible to see and, in some cases, touch what I’ve learned about. It will be sad to see this experience end, but I can promise you that I am returning to England.
Rachel at Stonehenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment