Friday, April 22, 2011

Sarah B. talks about her trip to Paris



During my time at Harlaxton, I've had the chance to go to several exciting places. Just a few of them include London, Bath, Edinburgh, Paris, Barcelona and Dublin. I've enjoyed visiting all of these places, but so far one of my favorite places to explore has been Paris. There were so many beautiful parts of the city to see. I really enjoyed seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe and, of course, Notre Dame. All were very impressive and breathtaking. I must admit it was a little surreal being able to see these buildings and monuments, which I've learned so much about, in person.

I think my favorite part of the trip was going to see the Palace of Versailles. It was more gorgeous that I could have imagined. There were chandeliers and gold everywhere, and the gardens, while not in full bloom, were still absolutely beautiful. They were also a little confusing, however, and we got turned around several times! Through the gardens are the Grand and Petit Trianons which were occupied by Marie Antoinette before the French Revolution. These were probably my favorite buildings to see. Two words: pink marble. All in all it was a fantastic trip with great sights and wonderful food...fantastic desserts and lots of bread (people just carry it around with them; it's amazing). I would highly recommend a trip to Paris, the City of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment